- What is Sheik Khalifa General hospital?
SKGH is a multispecialty hospital located in Umm Al Quwain. The hospital has been specifically designed to address a range of complex and critical care requirements.
- Where is SKGH hospital located? How can I get there?
Location: Al Salma Area which is 10 kilometers South-East of Umm Al Quwain City. Umm Al Quwain City is on the UAE coast, approximately 193 kilometers north-east of Abu Dhabi and approximately 44 kilometers north-east of Dubai. For maps, directions details please visit our Location page.
- How do I schedule an appointment?
Appointments can be scheduled in one of two ways: Call our Call Center at Tel.: , or visit us online at Request an Appointment.
- When should I arrive for my appointment?
We recommend that you arrive at the check in desk at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to ensure that there is enough to check – in and complete all pre-appointment registration form.
- What should I bring with me?
Please make sure to bring your Emirates ID and health insurance card to your appointment. We also recommend that you bring any medications or medical records from other facilities.
- Are same day appointments available?
Same day appointments may be available for certain services. Please contact the Call Center at Tel.: , to inquire about availability.
- How can I learn more about my physician?
To learn more about SKGH’s physicians please visit the Find a Doctor page.
- What languages are spoken at SKGH?
Arabic and English are both spoken at SKGH.
- What type of medical services do you provide?
SKGH is a secondary care hospital focused on the treatment of complex medical conditions within our areas of specialization. To learn more about our services please use visit our Department page.
- Does SKGH have a pharmacy?
SKGH does not have a retail pharmacy. We do provide complete pharmacy services for patients being treated by SKGH medical staff.
- Does SKGH offer emergency care?
Our ER operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, to provide emergency services to patients with illness or injuries requiring immediate attention.
- How are SKGH physicians recruited?
Our over 100 physicians come from all over the world, and have been selected based on their qualification and fit for the organization.
- What are your visiting hours?
SKGH’s inpatient visiting hours are:
The Hospital regular visiting timing in the General Wards:
- Morning from: 10:00 – 12:00 Hrs
- Evening from: 16:00 – 20:00 Hrs
The Hospital regular visiting timing in Special Care Areas:
- For the ICU: From 16:00 – 19:00 Hrs
- For NICU: ONLY parents are allowed to enter the NICU at any time.
- For the delivery ward, the relatives are allowed to enter the delivery room but one person at a time.
To learn more about visiting a Patient please use visit our Visiting a Patient page.
- Does the hospital accept all nationalities?
SKGH accepts all patients seeking care in our areas of expertise, regardless of their nationality.
- How can I get a medical report?
Medical Reports may be obtained by filing a request with the Medical Records Department. The person requesting the report must present a valid emirates ID and pay a processing fee of 100 AED. Reports will be available after 5 working days.
- Which insurance companies accepted?
Visit the Insurance page for a complete list of insurance companies and which of their plans are accepted at SKGH.
- How do I raise a complaint?
You may do this by contacting the Patient Support Office directly or by telephone, email, written letter or through our Feedback page.