Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in SKGH provides special care to female patients from the Emirate of Um al Quvain and surrounding areas. Our highly qualified health providers focus on delivering quality healthcare to patients with an ear to listen to each patient’s specific needs.
At our department, we can care for women throughout their reproductive years and beyond. Our nurses support women during labor, antenatal care, and lactation periods.
The antenatal care includes medical management of all pregnant women, including high risk patients, practicing healthy nutrition, and lactation consultations.
Maternity services include:
- Preconception care and pregnancy diagnosis
- Routine antenatal screening and care
- High risk maternal care
- Specialized investigations
- External cephalic version
- Epidural/ spinal anesthesia
- Antenatal classes
- Professional support to lactating mothers
- Vaginal delivery
- Complicated cesarean sections
- Cervical cerclage.
Gynecological services are provided by skilled medical practitioners and variety of services are offered:
- Routine gynecological examination
- Family planning offers safe and confidential care for women who seek family planning advice and contraception counseling. Variety of contraceptive methods are available in SKGH.
- Fertility preservation is offered to women who hope for pregnancy and their health is complicated by complex health conditions
We offer comprehensive screening for cervical cancer
- Colposcopy clinic provides follow up for high risk patients for cervical cancer
- Gynecological surgeries include vaginal and abdominal hysterectomy, non-malignant ovarian mass removal, and ovarian cystectomy.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Hysteroscopy equipment allows to perform diagnostic and operative procedures
- Our fertility service include assessment and initial treatment of infertile couples
- We offer reconstructive surgery for women with pelvic floor disorders.
Our team is committed to helping women achieve best health and complex issues are addressed according to patient needs.